Saturday, 19 December 2015

Industry, religious places and sights

Due to our busy days and our lack of Wifi at times  it's been hard  to update you but the last two days have been really  fun, hectic and educational.

Yesterday we went on an industrial visit to a palm oil factory where we learned about the manufacturing of Palm oil and how the industry works in Malasia. We were walked through the process, which required is to wear protective gear (we all looked snazzy). 
 
During the afternoon we went to see a beautiful mosque and the prime ministers house in a beautifully landscaped area.







In the evening we went to I city  ( also known as the city of  lights ) which was a great treat. This was a place full of lights, gardens, rides and restaurants. We savoured more Malasian food which was very tasty and filling. 

Today we had  two lectures which about employment and business opportunities in Malasia where we learned about the  top 5 industries which are employing and business opportunities. It was really eye opening learning ASEAN association of south East Asia which can be likened to the European union.

Then lunch was provided complementry on behalf of Pedas. Where we got to try some root beer with icecream. It was an interesting combination to say the least but surprisingly I liked it ....others not so much.





After a short break after lunch we made a trip to the pewter factory. We got a short history and saw the work that goes into making various objects.

Next stop was the Batu caves where there was a tall  Hindu statue  we had to climbed 272 steps to get to the top of this natural cave (serious workout ). Whilst climbing up and down the stairs the local monkeys made their presence known. I wasn't sure what they might do but they were more interested in finding food.Some people took part in getting Henna artwwork on their bodies.

The grand finale was going to the twin towers which is really beautiful and such a grand design. I really felt privileged to be standing on what i had only seen on postcards.  It was so beautiful with all the Christmas light and the dancing fountains.
I have been so impressed with Malaysia and I feel like I have only had a taster of it.....sadly tommorow is our last day....it's ending too soon 





No comments:

Post a Comment