Sunday, 20 December 2015

Last day......sadly

It's our last day and it's the hottest day so far. The mood is jovial and I love how we have come together as a group and I know new friendships have been formed.

We went to the Kings old palace and we learnt that unlike Britain, the king only serves for 4 years ( this fact did make me think what does an ex king move on to do ?)



Next visit was to the war memorial, which was done in a way that represent the 3 main Faiths in Malyasia  Islam ,Hinduism and Buddhism.. The monument was a great way to represent
what the men had gone through during the wars.


War memorial 






















Add caption









following this we went to the Kuala Lumpur city gallery, where we learnt about the history, present and future developments for the City. It was very well presented and  I got a great sense of the heart and hard work going into the city's development.















After lunch we went to a local chocolate factory where we learned about the production of local chocolate with many interesting flavours such as ginseng and the  local duran duran fruit aka smelly fruit. I did try the smelly fruit flavour and I found it quite a strange taste but I think the smell makes it hard to appreciate the sweetness of the fruit but I am glad I tried it.

  


















We had the rest of the day to pack for our flight back. I have really loved this vibrant city and would love to come back. I have made new friends and have a greater awareness of  overseas opportunities. I am so grateful for this opportunity and I would recommend it to all students. Thank you Go


No comments:

Post a Comment